Note: For Availability, Check The Calendar
Tour Days: Everyday
Tour Start Time: Apx. 09:00
Tour Ending Time: Apx. 17:00
- Please note that all of our tours and activities include free pickup and drop off services for all participants. As such, collecting all participants might sometimes take longer than expected causing delays regarding the start and end of our tours. We kindly request all participants be ready for pickup and drop off by the shuttle service in the time frame specified here. Thank you for your cooperation.
1. Stop: Goreme Open Air Museum
2. Stop: Uchisar Castle
3. Stop: Love Valley
4. Stop: Pasabag
5. Stop: Lunch in Avanos
6. Stop: Devrent Valley
7. Stop: Pottery Workshop
8. Stop: Three Beauties
A pick up and drop back services by A/C transportations (From/to in-city hotels)
Museum entrance fees
English Speaking Guide
Seat not guaranteed for the infant
- We kindly request our guests to be ready by the hotel’s reception 10 minutes before departure time.
- No smoking on our tours but all tours make frequent stops.
- Marmaris Travel reserves the right to alter, postpone or cancel the tour without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Guests are to be promptly on time at the meeting points given by the tour guide. Tours will proceed without waiting the delayers.
- Tour programs and prices may change without prior notice.
Red Tour in Cappadocia
Cappadocia is located in the center of Turkey. It has a great landscape which makes it very popular to tourists. If you want to explore the famous attractions in this place, then the recommended option would be the Cappadocia Red Tour.
Cappadocia is a wide place which makes it impossible to appreciate everything in a single day. For this reason, the tours are divided into different tours, and the Red Tour is focused on exploring the Northern side of Cappadocia.
Göreme Open Air Museum
The most popular attraction in Cappadocia is the Göreme Open Air Museum. It’s where you can see and admire the beauty of astounding rock formations engraved by nature itself.
This place is very accessible from all directions, as it is located in the region’s center. It’s just 1.5 kilometers away from Göreme village center, and will take you about 15 minutes to get there if you walk. There are more than 10 churches inside the caves of the museum.
These caves were carved and painted finely by monks. Inside the churches are beautiful fresco paintings which will bring you back to history, as the colors are still as fresh as before.Since 1984, the Göreme Open Air Museum takes part of the UNESCO World Heritage List.
In the old and new towns of Cavusin, you can feel and imagine it’s great magnitude of spectacular history.
Located 5 kilometers away from Göreme, Cavusin Village takes pride on two of their churches namely the Cavusin Church, also known as the “Great Pigeon House”, and St. John the Baptist Basilica.
Built during the 5th century, the Basilica of St. John the Baptist sits at the top of the old town. Although it doesn’t have impressive frescoes, visitors appreciate it’s holy atmosphere. Being there will also give you a marvelous view of the new town.
8 kilometers away from Göreme, Avanos is an old but attractive city that overlooks the Kızılırmak (Red River), Turkey’s longest river.
This river separates Avanos from Cappadocia’s other towns, and is also the source of clay for pottery. This place is famous for its earthenware pottery production.
Technics in ceramic production has never changed, and they still use the kick wheel. This is a good experience as it gives you a glimpse on how ceramics and potteries are traditionally made.
Pasabag is famous for its stunning earth pillars situated in the center of a vineyard. This place is also known as Monks Valley because cones are carved in tuff stones. This valley is where the amazing mushroom-shaped fairy chimneys can be found.
Devrent Valley is also called as Pink Valley or Imaginary Valley. This is just 10-minute drive away from Göreme. It’s famous for the animal-shaped rocks and lunar landscape. Some of the animals seen are dolphin, camel, and seal.
There’s even a rock that looks like Mary, holding Jesus. It looks like a naturally made sculpture zoo. Open up your imagination to see more unexpected sculptures.
These are just few of the many attractions offered by the red tour in Cappadocia. Cappadocia is a magnificent place that gives you a vibe on the old days and the modern way of living of people.
You will surely fall in love with it, and it will make you want to stay longer and explore the place further.