Note: For Availability, Check The Calendar
Tour Days: Everyday
Half Day Morning Tour Start Time: Apx. 09:00
Half Day Morning Tour Ending Time: Apx. 13:00
Half Day Afternoon Tour Start Time: Apx. 13:00
Half Day Afternoon Tour Ending Time: Apx. 17:00
- Please note that all of our tours and activities include free pickup and drop off services for all participants. As such, collecting all participants might sometimes take longer than expected causing delays regarding the start and end of our tours. We kindly request all participants be ready for pickup and drop off by the shuttle service in the time frame specified here. Thank you for your cooperation.
1. Stop: Sultan Ahmet
2. Stop: Hagia Sofia
3. Stop: Blue Mosque
4. Stop: Hippodrome
5. Stop: Grand Covered Bazaar (Grand Covered Bazaar will be replaced with “Fırça” on afternoon tour)
Hotel pick-up and drop-off services from centrally located hotels by A/C transportations (No transfer back to hotel in morning tour)
Museum entrance fees
English Speaking Professional Guide
- Hagia Sophia will be replaced with Underground Cistern on Monday.
- Visiting Blue Mosque is not possible on Friday because of crowded noon prayer. Will be visited from outside on Friday.
- Grand Covered Bazaar on Sunday replaced with authentic shops.
- We kindly request our guests to be ready by the hotel’s reception 10 minutes before departure time.
- Pick-up transfers may last from 45 minutes to 1 hour due to heavy traffic.
- No smoking on our tours but all tours make frequent stops.
- Marmaris Travel reserves the right to alter, postpone or cancel the tour without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Guests are to be promptly on time at the meeting points given by the tour guide. Tours will proceed without waiting the delayers.
- Tour programs and prices may change without prior notice. Any increase in museum entrance fees will be reflected in the prices.
Istanbul Classic Tour In The Old City
Istanbul Classic Tour
What’s nicer than an amazing tour of history? Istanbul Classic Tour take you around buildings that tell a million stories. All you need to do is listen!
With Istanbul classics tour, you will be granted a lovely journey that starts with the Sultan Ahmet Center right in the heart of the old city. The old city of Istanbul holds a lot of historical sites. To say the least, the ottoman and byzantine empires were ruled from that place.
After taking a tour in Sultan Ahmet Center, you will go off to another marvellous fusion of Islam and Christianity resembled in the church of Hagia Sophia.
Classics tour in Istanbul must include a visit to the Basilica that was established in the 6th century as an architectural piece of art, in the 15th century it was turned into a mosque that reserved its byzantine ambience and icons, but also soaked into Islamic artwork. Have you ever seen a church and a mosque in the same place? Well, the later-declared museum of Hagia Sophia was both!
The Blue Mosque
A few steps away from Hagia Sophia, you will be ecstatic about hearing the calls for prayers through the speakers of the Blue Mosque.
An ottoman beauty, built by the Sultan Ahmet, is known for its blue iznik tiles and the six minarets. The mosque is a huge marvellous building that can hold up to 10,000 people.
The dome of the mosque is 141 ft high, and the minarets are 210 ft high. On Fridays, it’s almost impossible to step a foot inside the mosque. The mosque was enlisted as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1985.
The Hippodrome of Constantinople
Looking for more cultural fusion? Istanbul classics tour will take you to the Hippodrome of Constantinople which will give you an amazing taste of very different cultures.
Each part of this site tells stories from different eras, you can almost smell and feel the time in this place. The Hippodrome was a hub for the elite to meet for sports and cultural events in the old city of Istanbul.
As you walk through it, you will notice the german fountain of Wilhelm II, serpentine column, obelisk of Theodosius.
The Grand Covered Bazaar
Just like all Istanbul daily tours, you will end your tour at the grand covered bazaar. There, you will be able to spend long hours as you go through many handcrafts.
You will find endless suppliers of carpets and jewellery. Bazaar is the biggest in the world, with more than 4000 merchants that can provide you with lots of leatherwear and all kinds of souvenirs to take back to your loved ones back at home.
How else would you prefer to spend your day really?
Nothing at all beats such a morning spent in the fragrant of thousands of years of different cultures and religions that represent Istanbul well as fusion and mixture of the east and the west, and the Orient and Europe.
Please note totally tours in Istanbul do not guarantee tourists a visit to the blue mosque during Friday prayer.
Also, the tour ends at the grand bazaar, and Istanbul classics tours are not responsible for transportation back to the hotel.
If you would like a special handmade Turkish carpet, please inform us beforehand in order to provide you with it at the time of the tour.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]